Tuesday, November 18, 2008

01.13.07 Day 26, Mexico Trip 1

We did not make it to D.F. We decided it would be better to let Levi swim some more and take it easy. We had many people to say goodbye to and we wanted to take as much time in the sun as possible.

I was feeling a little nostalgic today about having to leave Mexico and that I was sort of getting used to it and then we went swimming. We got into Atotonilco for the sixth time today with our wrist bands that we have been safeguarding. Helio went to park the car and we decided it was best to enter separately as to not draw attention to ourselves. (I pretended I knew no Spanish) Whenever Levi sees water he wants to dive right in. So, I quickly coated him in sun repellent and put his swim shorts on. As I was wading in the water with Levi crawling around by my feet I noticed a group of girls behind me. They were all pointing and laughing at me (or maybe us, Levi and I, but it wasn’t nice) I did my best to continue to watch them so that they would stop but they didn’t. Levi then decided that he was tired of the pool we were in and wanted to go over to the pool right by them. So I had to chase after him. I grabbed Levi and started to march back to the pool we were in previously when I looked up one of the girls actually stuck her tongue out at me. I usually stumble in a situation like this but I was angry by then. I just looked at her and said “nice”. I felt like I was in third grade again.

I tried to ignore this minor incident and go on with my day. Then Helio left me to go out to buy some tacos. I was again in the water with Levi when a little boy of about 5 years got out of the pool, walked across my towel, pulled his shorts down, and put both of his hands on the stone wall behind my towel and peed. His mother and other company all thought it was hilarious. When Helio returned and I was packing up our things to relocate he asked me what was going on. I tried to explain and he said “oh all kids are like that”. I would just die if Levi did that next to someone’s stuff. Especially if they looked foreign as I wouldn’t want to make a worse impression of what they may possibly already think.

We drove back to Cuernavaca to stay at Conchita’s one last time and take a bus from there to D.F. in the morning. Our flight leaves sometime before 2 tomorrow. We checked in at the boutique with Conchita and she offered to watch Levi tonight so that Helio and I can actually have time alone. I had given up all hope that we would actually get to have time alone so I am thrilled. I will miss Mexico and especially my hombre that has to live in Mexico. Hasta la proxima, (until the next time)

No comments: